July 26, 2013

Week 30 - Real Simple

Printable Version of Meal Plan

The theme this week is in reference to Real Simple Magazine - I love this magazine!  I don't subscribe but treat myself to an issue from time to time.  I picked one up on our way to enjoy at the bungalow the last time we were down.  Nothing like sitting on the deck in the morning with a cup of coffee and reading a magazine... heaven!!  I pretty much want to try every recipe in the latest issue and started with three this week.

This isn't my typical post... first you'll notice I'm publishing the meal plan with no grocery list.  Also no Recipe Quick Links (although links are provided in the Meal Plan) or Week in Review.  Life has not been "normal" for us in the last couple of weeks and as a result meal planning and blogging have taken a backseat.  Dave's brother Rob passed away last week after a two year battle with cancer.  He spent his last weeks enjoying time with family and friends and just days before he died was with us at the bungalow.  Before he flew out last Monday I was sitting on the deck sipping my morning coffee enjoying the sun, the view and his company... a memory I'll treasure always!  He was a special brother, brother-in-law and uncle.  We love you and miss you Rob!

Family time at the Bungalow


So this week I'm just posting the meal plan we followed last week.  I'm also posting a little document I put together of my favorite salad dressings.  I've been singing the praises of homemade salad dressing lately - they're typically cheaper, tastier and healthier than store-bought and really quick and easy to throw together.  The only thing that usually slows me down is digging out the recipe.  So I put my tried, tested and true dressings together on one page and plan to print and laminate it to store in my spice cupboard for quick reference.  Feel free to do the same! (Salad Dressing Printout).

And since photographing my food wasn't high on my priority list this week, here's a picture of my cutie pie enjoying her first S'More...


mmm S'more!

We're off for another week of vacation, see you in 2 weeks!

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment